Over the last few years, there has been a rush to develop technologies targeted at enabling autonomous vehicles, yet almost every company in the industry is still retrofitting legacy vehicle platforms and many are no closer to having a finished product.
At Faction, we’re on a mission to right-size transportation by making it autonomous and accessible to everyone so that it’s smart, simple, and fun.
As the AWS Architect / Engineering Manager you will focus on developing and leading the web engineering team and collaborating with our business stakeholders. You enjoy the challenge of balancing speed of execution with quality, while building scalable solutions to support Faction’s growing business needs. The successful candidate has extensive experience working with cloud technologies, especially AWS. They will also have experience with production life-cycle management and dev ops principles for cloud development.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a team of engineers to design, build, QA and deploy API, web applications and mobile apps
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify, define and document requirements
- Take responsibility for the software development life cycle of the cloud development team
- Hire, mentor, coach, and develop team members to succeed
What You’ll Need:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- 5-10 years of professional industry experience with software development
- 3-5 years of leading or managing small technical teams
- Technical leadership experience - mentoring, coaching, and helping those around you succeed
- A solid grasp of :
- Green Grass
- AWS IOT
- Databases, both relational and nosql
- Expertise with at least one modern programming language
- Experience providing production support to business critical or revenue generating systems
- Expertise in engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle including test-driven development, continuous integration and delivery, code reviews and paired programming and security concerns.
- Excellent problem-solving, debugging, & performance tuning skills
- Experience with agile or lean methodologies
- Experience with cyber security strategies and tools to safeguard against attacks
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience in a startup environment and high-growth companies
- Experience in working with AWS services
- Passion for automotive or motorcycling
Faction does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Faction is located in South San Francisco, California and authorization to work in the United States is required for this position.