Over the last few years, there has been a rush to develop technologies targeted at enabling autonomous vehicles, yet almost every company in the industry is still retrofitting legacy vehicle platforms and many are no closer to having a finished product.
At Faction, we’re on a mission to right-size transportation by making it autonomous and accessible to everyone so that it’s smart, simple, and fun.
We’re seeking a highly-motivated, hands-on, and versatile Senior Accounting Manager who will be responsible for all operational accounting functions, including and not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, inventory, general ledger transactions, oversight of payroll, and month-end close and financial statement preparation in compliance with GAAP. You will also be assisting in the implementation of NetSuite, support tax and audit activities, and will play an integral role in shaping the evolution of our accounting team as the company grows. The successful candidate will partner and report to the VP, Operations & Finance, and will work cross-functionally with our Engineering and Operations teams to support our rapid growth. You will work with a broad knowledge of accounting principles, procedures, and internal controls with strong skills in process improvement.
This role is based in the San Francisco, Bay Area.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Maintain the chart of accounts, collaborate on financial ERP topics, and drive process improvement
- Manage and oversee month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and General Ledger account reconciliations
- Prepare fluctuation analyses and financial statements analytics, providing relevant explanations for fluctuations to Management
- Manage all accounting transactions, including: AR, AP, Purchase Order creation, GL, Inventory, Fixed Assets and Accruals
- Support internal and external accounting inquiries on purchase orders, accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions, in accordance with contract terms
- Work with the HR team to support and manage payroll processing for all employees, review journal entries, and ensure compliance with regulatory agencies
- Participate in Finance system implementation of NetSuite and future enhancements
- Manage and review tax filings to ensure compliance with all IRS regulations (e.g. 1099, sales/use tax, W-2, etc.)
- Support budget and forecasting planning as needed
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties as assigned
- Support future external audits and ensure all requests are completed in a timely manner
- As the company grows, the opportunity to hire, mentor, coach, and develop future team members to succeed will also become available
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years of relevant work experience with strong knowledge of US GAAP
- CPA certification with a minimum of 3 years of public accounting experience preferred
- NetSuite ERP system experience
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail with an ability to simultaneously research discrepancies and solve problems
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively as a part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing multiple tasks, solving complicated problems, and implementing process improvements
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills, along with presentation skills
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work independently with general direction and guidance
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience with implementing NetSuite and other ERP systems
Faction does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Faction is located in South San Francisco, California and authorization to work in the United States is required for this position.