Over the last few years, there has been a rush to develop technologies targeted at enabling autonomous vehicles, yet almost every company in the industry is still retrofitting legacy vehicle platforms and many are no closer to having a finished product.
At Faction, we’re on a mission to right-size transportation by making fleets of vehicles driverless that are built to scale. We accomplish this by partnering with OEMs and our business partners.
Join us if you are passionate about solving one of today’s most complex engineering challenges that makes a positive impact in the world.
We're looking for a Senior Robotics Engineer with extensive experience in driverless technology. The ideal candidate is familiar with all aspects of driverless technology, from perception, to control, to drive-by-wire. We are looking for someone who embraces agility and new challenges, who is comfortable working on different components at different times as we continue to execute on the technology roadmap.
What You'll Do:
- Build robust solutions to cutting-edge driving problems creatively and collaboratively
- Collaborate with other developers to make sure the system design is aligned with other parts of the vehicle platform and overall architecture
- Take responsibility for architectural design documentation of core system components
- Establish and support coding guidelines to comply with ISO 26262
What You'll Need:
- MS or Ph.D in Robotics, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or related field, and 5+ years of industry experience
- Candidates with B.S. degrees will be considered if they have a proven track record of delivering production level code/solutions in the industry
- Experience writing robust, safety-critical, efficient code
- 4+ years experience working with automotive technology: such as CAN bus, automotive radars and automotive cameras, inertial measurement units and wireless connectivity
- 4+ years experience developing driverless technology, including planning and control, vehicle software design, distributed fault tolerant modular design in C++ and C
- 4+ years experience and strong competence in at least one of the following: sensor fusion, control, planning, and/or prediction
- 3+ years of experience creating specifications, requirements and design documents with an emphasis on best-practices and clear communication
- First-hand experience with AWS services, such as: S3, RDS, KVS, IOT Core, and more
- Extensive experience shipping products to production
- Skills to scope an Epic in Jira with the ability to help and mentor others in doing the same
- Possess a valid driver license and you are eligible to register with the DMV as a safety driver of driverless vehicles
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience with some or all of the following: ROS2, lane keeping/lane departure system, radar both 2D and imaging, sensor fusion, FMEA and ASIL/SIL.
- You have written embedded C code (firmware) and flashed it to an ECU
- Familiarity with Nvidia’s Jetson/Drive
- Familiarity with machine vision and have built a perception pipeline
- Ability to perform intrinsic and extrinsic camera calibrations
- If you had the time and could build your own driverless platform end-to-end (including: firmware, autonomy, cloud services, fleet management), during your interview would you be able to describe in detail how you would build it?
Faction is located in South San Francisco, California and authorization to work in the United States is required for this position.
Faction does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.